Founded in 2019, the Ubuntu Free School serves children and families from the seven subsistence farming villages in Serima, Zimbabwe.
Ubuntu Free School currently has 5 dedicated teachers and a population of 63 eager learners in Kindergarten to Grade 4 . Our dream is to progressively add a grade level each year to secondary school and tertiary levels.
Established in 2019, the Ubuntu Free School is dedicated to serving the children and families of seven subsistence farming villages in Serima, Zimbabwe. With a team of five highly committed teachers, we are currently providing education to 63 enthusiastic learners from Kindergarten to Grade 4.
Our long-term vision is to expand our school to include secondary and tertiary levels, with the ultimate goal of providing quality education to all children in the region. We are committed to continuously adding a grade level each year to ensure that our learners have access to a comprehensive education that prepares them for a bright and successful future.
At Ubuntu Free School, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to learn and grow, regardless of their background or circumstances. We are dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing environment where our learners can thrive, and we are committed to fostering a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
You can support Ubuntu Free School through financial and in-kind donations to address the following needs:
- Desks, chairs, tables, blackboard and chalk for our classrooms; stationary and writing implements; textbooks and educational materials
- Computers/laptops to enable learners to acquire technical knowledge
- Financial donations to purchase nutritious food for the learners
- Financial donations for the educators’ salaries
- Bricks, cement, doors, window frames and panes, and other materials to build our classrooms
- Solar panels to supply electricity to the classrooms
- Marimbas, mbira, hosho, drums, zvipendani and other musical instruments